Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A new year!

This year has started off a great high! I spent new years at home with all of my family and boyfriend. I enjoyed 20 hours of board games with my mom and sisters when we were snowed in for three days. And I recently got back from my first trip to New Orleans! Let's just say, I absolutely loved it! No, really. I ate so much food I could probably hibernate for a month and be just fine. In between my overindulgent-but-no-regret meals, I got to stroll along Royal and Magazine Streets and saw many awesome antique stores as well as newer stores with fresh designs.

Some of my favorite spots were:

Shaun Smith Interiors on Magazine (www.shaunsmithhome.com)

Karla Katz on Magazine (www.1stdibs.com)

Antiques de Provence on Royal (www.antiquesdeprovencellc.com)

M.S. Rau Antiques on Royal (www.rauantiques.com)

Kiel's Antiques on Royal (www.kielsantiques.com)

Everyone in those shops were so friendly and willing to answer my questions. It was refreshing to be a place where you feel like everyone is happy you popped in to say hello! The lady who owns Antiques de Provence is named Cynthia and she has super cute puppy named Bella. She was very helpful and willing to answer questions. The store is so inspiring and I think I would like to start all of my days with a stroll through it. Also, here is where I found a table I can't stop thinking about!


Yes please!

A few more New Orleans pictures below! I love that city!




No comments:

Post a Comment