Monday, January 31, 2011

Chic? Check! Mother Nature approved? Check!

This semester, I'm taking a class called "Thinking Green" which literally has me "thinking green" about many options for the home. One of my favorite things in the green furnishings world is anything made from reclaimed wood. It's similar to when you buy an antique and with it comes this rich history of previous lives. You can just feel it sometimes (or maybe that's just me?). Regardless, the things below are some of my latest findings that I really, really love.





The first picture is of reclaimed European elm wood. The second of is of reclaimed hickory. The third is antique oak in a herringbone pattern and to say the least, I am quite obsessed. If I had a choice, this would definitely be somewhere in my home. It's gorgeous! All three floors are simply beautiful and something to feel good about. (All three flooring options from LVWoodFloors.com)

Also, Etsy artists always have an abundant array of amazing reclaimed wood decor items. Some of my favorites are below!





1. NatureInspiredCrafts Entry Table
2. Jesse Grant
3. True Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment