Friday, February 25, 2011

Who doesn't love a quick fix? Part 1

So, whenever I go home to South Carolina, I can always count on my mom to have saved me helpful articles about anything and everything. For example, she handed my sisters and me an article explaining how to better repel mosquitoes from oneself.  Doesn't tickle your fancy? How about learning about the benefits of a cucumber? Ok, I can't say they always tickle my fancy. However, she surprised me with a tip sheet from Better Homes & Garden on quick and easy changes to update your home (or apartment!) and I thought it was great!  So I'm sharing below:

Better Homes & Garden's "10 Design Ideas We Love"

1. "Rearrange your furniture"

What an easy and often fun way to switch things up a bit for a refreshed look? It's completely free! They suggest to start with your largest piece of furniture and then go from there. You can try angling furniture toward a new direction or choosing a new focal point for the room. If you don't like, you can try again without have spent any money!

2. "Paint your front door."

Ok, I have to admit I'd be a little careful with this one. But for all of you brave ones, grab a can of exterior paint and have at it! The article suggests using a warmer color at the entrance which creates a more welcoming feel.

3. "Ungroup matched sets."

Yes! Don't you get tired of everything matching all the time? I sure do. Switch something in the bedroom with something in the living room for new look.

4. "Add a folding screen."

An easy way to add to the ambience of a room without too much commitment and there are so many cute ones you can find online and in stores that anyone can find one to suit their taste.

I love this one from Inviting Home 


And this is another great one! From designer Jonathan Adler, the Desmond screen should brighten any room! I love it! Find it here

5. "Dress up your drawers."

This is an easy idea with plenty of knobs and pulls to choose from. I love the knobs at Anthropologie especially!

Try the Big Easy Knob for some fun color or the Caricature Knob for a more reserved but perfectly chic look.


Part 2 to be posted soon!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment