Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's just say...

I'm head over heels for the South End!  Yesterday, Patrick and I ventured down to the South End to explore the neighborhood as we're trying to find a new apartment to call home.  We started with lunch at Flour on Washington Street which was super delicious, as always.  Then we just strolled the streets and found so many cute shops and friendly people.

A few of our stops:

Grey's Fabric and Notions

Source

The store owner is Sarah and she is incredibly friendly!  The shop has different fabrics and such for sale (hints the name!) and also offers classes.  You can see their schedule here.  As I've never worked a sewing machine before, I can't wait to take one!  Basic training here I come!

Another stop: Diseno Boston.  Ah-mazing home furnishings store!  The owner of this store is Frank who is also very personable (is this a South End thing? If so, count me in!).  He has gorgeous fur and hide rugs, sophisticated decorative accents, super chic furniture and more.  I really loved a metallic leather rug that I would love to give a nice new home... with me, of course!


This store is full of fun inspiration for any project.  I think there is literally something there for everyone and every style.


Last and certainly not least: Mohr & McPherson.  I know that people I know in Boston know of this store and have merely been holding out on me.  But I have seen the light!  The store is awesome!  It's full of imported Asian home furnishings and accents as well as some jewelry and personal things.  It's two floors and has a cafe on the bottom floor.



What fun this store was!  The staff there was great and next time I want to try to the cafe.  I had so much fun browsing in this store with so many unique products that would definitely be a great touch to any interior!


Our trip to the South End was an afternoon very well spent.  I can't wait for the SoWa Market to start up and to discover all the other shops in the neighborhood.  I can't believe it took almost an entire year of living here to go exploring but South End is definitely where I would love, love, love to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment